Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video
BROCKTON, Mass. -- man who lives in Brockton, Mass. claimed on Satuday that he saw a video in which he saw a girl he thinks looks like the Conway girl who has abeen missing since early October.
A report in The Brockton (Mass.) Enterprise said its newsroom was called by a man Friday night who claimed to have seen a girl who appeared to be 15-year-old Abby Hernandez while performing an on-line search.
The newspaper says it passed the information along to Brockton police who took a report from the man. Brockton police turned the information over to Conway Police according to the report.
The newspaper quoted the man, whose name it did not release, as saying the girl “looked exactly like Abigail Hernandez. It could have been her twin sister."
Last week, authorities revealed that they have had a letter written by the Kennett High School freshman on Oct. 9. The letter, was received by Hernandez's mother, Zenya, on Nov.6 and was postmarked on Oct. 23.
Investigators said disclosure of the letter has led to a number of tips but “did not produce any new information,” Associate Attorney General Jane Young.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
- Clarksville man accidentally shoots himself - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 4
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 11
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 8
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar