Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video
BROCKTON, Mass. -- man who lives in Brockton, Mass. claimed on Satuday that he saw a video in which he saw a girl he thinks looks like the Conway girl who has abeen missing since early October.
A report in The Brockton (Mass.) Enterprise said its newsroom was called by a man Friday night who claimed to have seen a girl who appeared to be 15-year-old Abby Hernandez while performing an on-line search.
The newspaper says it passed the information along to Brockton police who took a report from the man. Brockton police turned the information over to Conway Police according to the report.
The newspaper quoted the man, whose name it did not release, as saying the girl “looked exactly like Abigail Hernandez. It could have been her twin sister."
Last week, authorities revealed that they have had a letter written by the Kennett High School freshman on Oct. 9. The letter, was received by Hernandez's mother, Zenya, on Nov.6 and was postmarked on Oct. 23.
Investigators said disclosure of the letter has led to a number of tips but “did not produce any new information,” Associate Attorney General Jane Young.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind