Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video
BROCKTON, Mass. -- man who lives in Brockton, Mass. claimed on Satuday that he saw a video in which he saw a girl he thinks looks like the Conway girl who has abeen missing since early October.
A report in The Brockton (Mass.) Enterprise said its newsroom was called by a man Friday night who claimed to have seen a girl who appeared to be 15-year-old Abby Hernandez while performing an on-line search.
The newspaper says it passed the information along to Brockton police who took a report from the man. Brockton police turned the information over to Conway Police according to the report.
The newspaper quoted the man, whose name it did not release, as saying the girl “looked exactly like Abigail Hernandez. It could have been her twin sister."
Last week, authorities revealed that they have had a letter written by the Kennett High School freshman on Oct. 9. The letter, was received by Hernandez's mother, Zenya, on Nov.6 and was postmarked on Oct. 23.
Investigators said disclosure of the letter has led to a number of tips but “did not produce any new information,” Associate Attorney General Jane Young.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 13
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist