Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video
BROCKTON, Mass. -- man who lives in Brockton, Mass. claimed on Satuday that he saw a video in which he saw a girl he thinks looks like the Conway girl who has abeen missing since early October.
A report in The Brockton (Mass.) Enterprise said its newsroom was called by a man Friday night who claimed to have seen a girl who appeared to be 15-year-old Abby Hernandez while performing an on-line search.
The newspaper says it passed the information along to Brockton police who took a report from the man. Brockton police turned the information over to Conway Police according to the report.
The newspaper quoted the man, whose name it did not release, as saying the girl “looked exactly like Abigail Hernandez. It could have been her twin sister."
Last week, authorities revealed that they have had a letter written by the Kennett High School freshman on Oct. 9. The letter, was received by Hernandez's mother, Zenya, on Nov.6 and was postmarked on Oct. 23.
Investigators said disclosure of the letter has led to a number of tips but “did not produce any new information,” Associate Attorney General Jane Young.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 2
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 7
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 4
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks