Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video
BROCKTON, Mass. -- man who lives in Brockton, Mass. claimed on Satuday that he saw a video in which he saw a girl he thinks looks like the Conway girl who has abeen missing since early October.
A report in The Brockton (Mass.) Enterprise said its newsroom was called by a man Friday night who claimed to have seen a girl who appeared to be 15-year-old Abby Hernandez while performing an on-line search.
The newspaper says it passed the information along to Brockton police who took a report from the man. Brockton police turned the information over to Conway Police according to the report.
The newspaper quoted the man, whose name it did not release, as saying the girl “looked exactly like Abigail Hernandez. It could have been her twin sister."
Last week, authorities revealed that they have had a letter written by the Kennett High School freshman on Oct. 9. The letter, was received by Hernandez's mother, Zenya, on Nov.6 and was postmarked on Oct. 23.
Investigators said disclosure of the letter has led to a number of tips but “did not produce any new information,” Associate Attorney General Jane Young.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem