Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury'
"A lot of credit goes to the team managers and coaches who help them learn how to collaborate and develop their interpersonal skills," said Chan.
"On the front are two chain saws," explained team member Ryan Desaulniers, who added it would be helpful during the ice storms that fill roads with broken tree branches.
Teams were also focused on the robotics game, which involved building robots with motion, light and sound sensors that were capable of working through an exacting obstacle course of hazards.
Many of the adults at the event were awed by the amount of work the teams put in and the level of sophistication of their ideas and designs. More than one parent admitted to not doing anything close to solving the problems of natural disasters when they were 12.
Cormier said she and Griffin didn't have too much to do with the actual projects, which she said were really challenging.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months - 1
- For one NH soldier returning from Afghanistan, a special greeting - 2
- More than 100 NH Guardsmen returning from Afghanistan - 0
- New Hampshire armories are running out of room - 0
- Pease Greeters continue to gather for troops in transit - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run