Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury'
The Lego vehicle from the Shaker Road School of Concord makes its way around the course during the 2013 New Hampshire FIRST Lego League Championship Tournament at Nashua South High School Saturday.Mark Bolton/Union Leader
"A lot of credit goes to the team managers and coaches who help them learn how to collaborate and develop their interpersonal skills," said Chan.
"On the front are two chain saws," explained team member Ryan Desaulniers, who added it would be helpful during the ice storms that fill roads with broken tree branches.
Teams were also focused on the robotics game, which involved building robots with motion, light and sound sensors that were capable of working through an exacting obstacle course of hazards.
Many of the adults at the event were awed by the amount of work the teams put in and the level of sophistication of their ideas and designs. More than one parent admitted to not doing anything close to solving the problems of natural disasters when they were 12.
Cormier said she and Griffin didn't have too much to do with the actual projects, which she said were really challenging.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 1
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer