Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement
"We had audits on a yearly basis and there were no indications of any problems during her tenure here," said Ed Gleason, chairman of the Pelham Board of Selectmen.
"There was no evidence of any misdoing," he said. "I can't reveal anything further than that."
Plaistow town officials hired an accounting firm in January to audit Gallant's work after they became concerned about financial discrepancies related to suspicious payroll transactions.
The Rockingham County Attorney's Office and Plaistow police were notified and began a criminal investigation after an independent investigation of the finance office raised significant concerns about Gallant's handling of town funds, according to Fitzgerald. Gallant was hired in Plaistow in 2011 and was fired in September. While the town has insurance to cover the loss, town officials hope to recover the money.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
- Salem child porn arrest after tip leading to cloud storage of images - 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 6
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Total Votes: 917