Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend
Police said a member of the street crime unit spotted what was an ongoing and escalating dispute between Omayra Morales, 26, of 84 Karatzas Ave., and Merlin Garcia-Santos, 26, at the intersection of Wilson and Cedar streets.
The officer said Morales' SUV was stopped in the intersection and Garcia-Santos was standing outside the driver's door, engaged in a physical altercation with Morales.
The officer said Garcia-Santos then began to walk away, but Morales followed him, pulled her car over and got out and started punching him.
The man moved away and Morales returned to her vehicle, driving across the oncoming traffic lane and driving up onto the sidewalk in an apparent attempt to hit Garcia-Santos, who was able to jump out of the way.
Officers also reported finding a marijuana cigarette in the vehicle and Morales was charged with misdemeanors of possession of a controlled drug and assault and cited for the seat belt and operating on the sidewalk violations.
Morales was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, where bail was continued at $2,000. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Jan. 6, 2014, and trial on the remaining charges was set for Jan. 27, 2014.Garcia-Santos was charged with resisting arrest and will be arraigned at a future date.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 1
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 2
- Salem man seeks sentence reduction in infant abuse case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Boston marks anniversary of bombing with somber ceremonies - 0
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917