Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
The officers' union sought arbitration under their contract and the arbitrator ruled in January 2012 that the city did not have "just cause to take disciplinary action … (the officers') grievances are sustained."
Mara wrote to the new county attorney, Dennis Hogan, this time asking to have the officers' names removed from the Laurie list. Mara said he would have been a hypocrite if he didn't make the request.
Meanwhile, Micklovich filed suit against the city in U.S. District Court and, after negotiations, the city settled with Micklovich in mid-May 2012, paying him $200,000.
"I know it and I'm going to turn it over every time until the Supreme Court tells me differently," she said. Young said prosecutors have to notify the courts and leave it to judges to decide wether the officer's credibility issue can be used at trial.
Garfunkel's decision, issued Nov. 20, denied the officers' request that LaFrance be ordered to remove their names from the list.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
- Salem child porn arrest after tip leading to cloud storage of images - 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 6
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Total Votes: 917