FBI remain 'concerned' for Hernandez, plan to share new information
CONWAY — Investigators Friday plan to share new details in the search for missing Conway teenager Abigail Hernandez who disappeared Oct. 9.
"There is additional information in the investigation that we want to pass on to the public," Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane E. Young said Thursday. She would not comment on the nature of the information.
The FBI's Kieran Ramsey said, "We have developed more information that is more substantive, and we will be laying it out at the press conference. The fact remains that we are very concerned about her. She's a missing person and we are concerned for her safety."
When asked to elaborate further, Ramsey said, "That's why you have a press conference."
Hernandez, 15, was last seen walking home shortly before 3 p.m. on Oct. 9 from Kennett High School, where she is a freshman.
Her disappearance spawned massive searches, drew more than 1,000 tips and several appeals by her mother and sister to contact them.
"We are still actively investigating this case. I can confirm she has not been found," Young said last night.
Conway police, the New Hampshire Attorney General's office, the FBI and New Hampshire State Police will update the public on the status of the investigation at a joint media conference at the Attorney General's office in Concord at 11 a.m. today.
FBI Special Agent Greg Comcowich, who issued the press release, said he could not confirm or deny other media reports.
Comcowich referred to this statement in the press release issued late Thursday afternoon: "Abigail Hernandez has not been found. New investigative details about the search for Hernandez will be provided during the press conference."
Meanwhile, the volunteer "Bring Abby Home" campaign, which has been conducted by volunteers from all over the country through Facebook campaigns, has reached agreement with trucking companies in Michigan, Tennessee, and several other states to carry Abigail "Missing" signs on their trucks.
Previously, law enforcement officials have said that her cell phone last made contact with a local phone tower sometime after 3 p.m. Oct. 9
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff Reporter Kathryn Marchocki contributed to this report.