Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed
Of course, there were caveats. The site will still probably get buggy when there's a lot of traffic, which is why Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius advised people to use it at off-peak hours. But that simply means peak hours will be moved to after midnight. After all, you don't alleviate crowding if you tell everyone to try a different door.
There's still one hitch. HealthCare.gov doesn't work, at all. Sure, it provides a remarkably realistic user experience, but as of now it's basically a video game. A really, really boring video game. Call it Sim Healthcare.
Meanwhile, the New York Times reported Sunday that the back-end systems "that are supposed to deliver consumer information to insurers still have not been fixed." I'm not clear on how you can fix something that hasn't been built yet, but maybe in the 11 days between Chao's testimony and the Nov. 30 deadline, the "A-Team" President Obama deployed built the back end enough for it to be recognizably broken.
Jonah Goldberg is a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and editor-at-large of National Review Online. You can write to him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Twitter @JonahNRO.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride