Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery
Before police arrested Nadir Mohamed, 25, at Lake Avenue and Barry Avenue, but they first had to zap him with a stun gun when he refused to put up his hands and instead "aggressively advanced on the officers with his hands clenched inside his pockets," according to a news release.
Police said they found a folding buck knife that was in the open position inside one of his pockets. Mohamed of 480 Kimball St. also allegedly was in possession of suspected crack cocaine, heroin and a prescription pill.
The robbery happened about 9:15 a.m. at the 196 Lake Ave. store. The store clerk and a customer reported a man entered the store brandishing a large knife and demanding money. After the robber fled, 911 was called and a description of the robber provided.
Officers Fred Gillis, Brian Karoul and Tony Battistelli were quickly on the scene and saw the suspect fleeing on foot near Lake and Barry avenues, where they ultimately arrested him.
Mohamed is charged with robbery, resisting arrest and two counts of possessing a controlled drug. He is also being held on a bench warrant out of Hillsborough County Superior Court for a probation violation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief charged in wife's assault - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 1
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 1
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities say Derry fire driven by oxygen - 0
- Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost' - 0
- N.J. Gov. Christie stumps for Scott Brown in N.H. visit - 0
- Priceline exec to speak at New England College on Sept. 24 - 0
- BIA annual dinner set for Oct. 29 - 0
- Aerosmith drummer debuts coffee K-cups in Durham - 0
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Vikings reverse field, sit Peterson - 0
- Obama vows U.S. will not fight ground war - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917