Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday near 109 S. Broadway. An officer pulled over Randy Brown, 47, who said his driver's license was revoked for DWI. The officer confirmed the information and then asked Brown to step out of the car because he was under arrest.
A second officer arrived on the scene to assist, but Brown refused to get out of the vehicle. After several attempts to convince him to get out, the officers reached inside to remove him.
Brown, who police said is 6-foot-4 and weighs 240 pounds, allegedly began to fight them and stabbed one of the officers in the hand with his car keys. Police said he continued to try and stab and punch both officers and subsequently, he was zapped with a stun gun and then arrested.
Police said Brown remained combative and repeatedly spat at the officers.
Both officers were treated at the scene for cuts and scrapes, and one was treated at Parkland Medical Center for a hand wound and required a tetanus shot.
Brown refused bail and was later taken to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment. He is charged with two counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, driving after revocation and motor vehicle infractions.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483