Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday near 109 S. Broadway. An officer pulled over Randy Brown, 47, who said his driver's license was revoked for DWI. The officer confirmed the information and then asked Brown to step out of the car because he was under arrest.
A second officer arrived on the scene to assist, but Brown refused to get out of the vehicle. After several attempts to convince him to get out, the officers reached inside to remove him.
Brown, who police said is 6-foot-4 and weighs 240 pounds, allegedly began to fight them and stabbed one of the officers in the hand with his car keys. Police said he continued to try and stab and punch both officers and subsequently, he was zapped with a stun gun and then arrested.
Police said Brown remained combative and repeatedly spat at the officers.
Both officers were treated at the scene for cuts and scrapes, and one was treated at Parkland Medical Center for a hand wound and required a tetanus shot.
Brown refused bail and was later taken to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment. He is charged with two counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, driving after revocation and motor vehicle infractions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Total Votes: 917