Home » News » Roads and Travel
Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal
The project that began in September to build a new bridge and install water and sewer utilities reopened last Tuesday, a day ahead of schedule, said Mike Fowler, public works director.
But conditions have improved with the road reopening, she added.
In the past, residents living near the old culvert experienced flooding sometimes when the brook would overflow. Hopefully, the new bridge will help alleviate the flooding, she said.
Tarquinio praised the workers who assisted her family with accessing Rockingham Road during some of the work.
Next-door neighbor Lorin Earle said he probably has a different view of the project than other residents. During the project, Earle said it was much easier leaving his driveway than when the road was open. Earle said he typically goes in the opposite direction from where the section was closed, so he didn’t have to detour around it and it made his departure much quicker.
Some businesses that reported delays during the project said the road’s reopening has helped conditions return to normal.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bridge renovation will impact Somersworth traffic - 0
- Removal process begins for Boscawen-Canterbury bridge - 1
- Rail study: Three stations for Nashua - 0
- Control of 18-mile stretch of track could affect commuter rail's return to NH - 5
- Potholes expected to plague NH drivers until weather warms - 2
- Popularity of I-93 high-speed tolls spurs surge in EZ Pass use - 5
- Study finds demand for Manchester-Concord public transit - 7
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 7
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 3
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election