Home » News » Roads and Travel
Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal
The project that began in September to build a new bridge and install water and sewer utilities reopened last Tuesday, a day ahead of schedule, said Mike Fowler, public works director.
But conditions have improved with the road reopening, she added.
In the past, residents living near the old culvert experienced flooding sometimes when the brook would overflow. Hopefully, the new bridge will help alleviate the flooding, she said.
Tarquinio praised the workers who assisted her family with accessing Rockingham Road during some of the work.
Next-door neighbor Lorin Earle said he probably has a different view of the project than other residents. During the project, Earle said it was much easier leaving his driveway than when the road was open. Earle said he typically goes in the opposite direction from where the section was closed, so he didn’t have to detour around it and it made his departure much quicker.
Some businesses that reported delays during the project said the road’s reopening has helped conditions return to normal.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 13
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
- Treat them better: Bad medicine for veterans, military - 14
- Editorial: USNH’s freeze a good start - 3
- Editorial: Weare’s cameras - the PD’s scarlet letters - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax