Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Accused Hampton drug dealer tied to fatal crash involving cyclists challenges evidence
Cindy Sheppard, 48, of Hampton, is challenging search warrants that Hampton police used to raid her home and led to her arrest in June. JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO
A second warrant relies entirely on an anonymous source at the Rockingham County jail and text messages that “the police are assuming were sent by Cindy Sheppard,” according to Reardon.
The search warrants have remained under seal by a judge. Prosecutors have yet to respond to Sheppard’s claims.
A decision would likely have no bearing on additional charges Sheppard faces in connection with allegedly providing a dose of Fentanyl to 19-year-old Darriean Hess.
The women were participating in the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride. Two other cyclists, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, and Margo Heigh, 54, also of Massachusetts, were injured.
Prosecutors said at a bail hearing in September that Sheppard operated a “drug enterprise” from her home.
Police learned about her alleged drug business after monitoring phone records of another person, according to prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 0
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 0
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 0
- Police looking for person who apparently abandoned dog Friday at Concord Dog Park - 0
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483