Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Windham man agrees to plead guilty to sex assault of 15-year-old girl at bakery
Matthew Hand, 20, has struck a plea deal with county prosecutors that will allow him to serve a year in county jail in exchange for pleading guilty to two counts of felonious sexual assault.
He would also receive a suspended two- to four-year prison term on one of the charges, and remain on probation for two years, according to the terms of the deal.
A Rockingham County Superior Court judge still has to approve the negotiated deal between county prosecutors and the defense.
Hand allegedly forced himself on a girl while the two were at a Windham bakery on May 1, according to prosecutors.
The girl went to the pastry business to pick up a pie, but Hand allegedly brought her into an office and told her he wanted to have sex with her, police said.
The girl reported to police that she repeatedly told Hand that she didn’t want to have sex and to stop what he was doing, according to police.
Hand, who is free on $10,000 cash bail, told police that the sex was consensual, court papers say.
A grand jury indicted Hand on charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and felonious sexual assault.
Prosecutors said that Hand grabbed the girl by the wrist, pushed her over a sink and forced the girl to have sex in a bathroom. During an interview with police, Hand denied that he forced himself on the girl. He told police that the girl gave him a hug before she left. Police issued an arrest warrant for Hand in June.
Police said Hand was arrested at Windham High School in June 2012 for criminal threatening. He was arrested for allegedly threatening another student.
In January, he was charged with disorderly conduct in connection with an argument with a school administrator.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483