Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Windham man agrees to plead guilty to sex assault of 15-year-old girl at bakery
Matthew Hand, 20, has struck a plea deal with county prosecutors that will allow him to serve a year in county jail in exchange for pleading guilty to two counts of felonious sexual assault.
He would also receive a suspended two- to four-year prison term on one of the charges, and remain on probation for two years, according to the terms of the deal.
A Rockingham County Superior Court judge still has to approve the negotiated deal between county prosecutors and the defense.
Hand allegedly forced himself on a girl while the two were at a Windham bakery on May 1, according to prosecutors.
The girl went to the pastry business to pick up a pie, but Hand allegedly brought her into an office and told her he wanted to have sex with her, police said.
The girl reported to police that she repeatedly told Hand that she didn’t want to have sex and to stop what he was doing, according to police.
Hand, who is free on $10,000 cash bail, told police that the sex was consensual, court papers say.
A grand jury indicted Hand on charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and felonious sexual assault.
Prosecutors said that Hand grabbed the girl by the wrist, pushed her over a sink and forced the girl to have sex in a bathroom. During an interview with police, Hand denied that he forced himself on the girl. He told police that the girl gave him a hug before she left. Police issued an arrest warrant for Hand in June.
Police said Hand was arrested at Windham High School in June 2012 for criminal threatening. He was arrested for allegedly threatening another student.
In January, he was charged with disorderly conduct in connection with an argument with a school administrator.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness