Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Holidays never dull with my three grandsons
"Race!'' he decreed, whereupon big brother Ike agreed it was time for a race through the house.
This caught the ear of Baby Spike, who was at that point crawling across the kitchen table in search of Lord-knows-what.
"Ready! Set! Go!'' yelled Mike, waving the flag and, for once, moving faster than an Obamacare website.
The route ran from the living room, where strewn toys were ready to trip the unwary, through the kitchen and front hall and into the dining room, which had been set up for the small (I lost count at 30) Thanksgiving Day feast, and thus back to the living room.
"He gets his age mixed up with other numbers,'' she said with a shrug.
Mike also gets his food and eating utensils confused.
His mother has all but given up getting him to eat what he doesn't like, so while the others slurped up soup, Mike was presented with sliced apples and a side of peanut butter.
He sometimes forgets to pull up his Batman underwear before yanking up his trousers. Maybe that is why he walks so slowly.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 12
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 18
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'