Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Driver remains on loose after pursuit in Manchester, Goffstown
Manchester police first tried to stop the driver about noon on Second Street for a motor vehicle violation, Manchester Police Lt. Todd Boucher said.
When the officer tried to approach the green Honda Accord, the driver allegedly took off toward Boynton Street where, at one point, he stopped and backed into the cruiser, Boucher said. The cruiser sustained minor damage and the pursuit was called off.
Police continued to patrol the area when residents of the West Side apartment complex on Agnes Street flagged them down and reported a car speeding through the area.
Police located the car on the former rail trail used by hikers and bikers that connects Manchester with Goffstown, Boucher said. The driver had smashed through the rock barrier, but became stuck and abandoned the vehicle, he said.
Goffstown police picked up the pursuit when they learned the driver allegedly stole a vehicle there. Residents of that town reported a man going through cars until he apparently found one unlocked with the keys inside, police said.
Goffstown and Manchester police had yet to identify the suspect by late afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917