Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Driver remains on loose after pursuit in Manchester, Goffstown
Manchester police first tried to stop the driver about noon on Second Street for a motor vehicle violation, Manchester Police Lt. Todd Boucher said.
When the officer tried to approach the green Honda Accord, the driver allegedly took off toward Boynton Street where, at one point, he stopped and backed into the cruiser, Boucher said. The cruiser sustained minor damage and the pursuit was called off.
Police continued to patrol the area when residents of the West Side apartment complex on Agnes Street flagged them down and reported a car speeding through the area.
Police located the car on the former rail trail used by hikers and bikers that connects Manchester with Goffstown, Boucher said. The driver had smashed through the rock barrier, but became stuck and abandoned the vehicle, he said.
Goffstown police picked up the pursuit when they learned the driver allegedly stole a vehicle there. Residents of that town reported a man going through cars until he apparently found one unlocked with the keys inside, police said.
Goffstown and Manchester police had yet to identify the suspect by late afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Heavy, wet snow causes extended outages for Unitil customers - 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483