Auburn students get special visitor
Paul Monti paid a visit and told the children about his son, Jared, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2006 while serving in the U.S. Army and trying to save another soldier.
The song "I Drive Your Truck" performed by Lee Brice recently won song of the year at the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville was inspired by Paul Monti's story.
A few days after the letters were sent, Laliberte and her students were surprised when Paul Monti visited the class to thank them for the heartwarming letters.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79 will hold a breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1.
The cost is $6.
Trivia with Frank Harlan will follow.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
- Selling of Catholic church properties is a sign of the times - 0
- Rock Church presents Easter cantata - 0
- Pope tells Obama of concern for 'religious freedom' in the U.S. - 0
- Renovation complete at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church in Derry - 0
- Retired Melkite Bishop Elya to attend Lenten dinner - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses