Home » News » Public Safety
Gilford seeks residents for chief search
On Tuesday, Town Administrator Scott Dunn issued a statement saying the board is accepting letters of interest from residents who want to be part of a police chief search committee.
Keenan resigned on Nov. 20 following a town investigation into an affair he admitted to having with one of his female officers.
The search committee will be tasked with reviewing applications, selecting candidates for interviews, conducting interviews and making recommendations for finalists, he said.
Most of the committee meetings and actions will take place in a non-public and confidential format, pursuant to RSA 91-A:3, Dunn said.
Those interested in being on the committee should apply no later than 5 p.m. on Dec. 13 by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 1
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses