Home » News » Public Safety
Gilford seeks residents for chief search
On Tuesday, Town Administrator Scott Dunn issued a statement saying the board is accepting letters of interest from residents who want to be part of a police chief search committee.
Keenan resigned on Nov. 20 following a town investigation into an affair he admitted to having with one of his female officers.
The search committee will be tasked with reviewing applications, selecting candidates for interviews, conducting interviews and making recommendations for finalists, he said.
Most of the committee meetings and actions will take place in a non-public and confidential format, pursuant to RSA 91-A:3, Dunn said.
Those interested in being on the committee should apply no later than 5 p.m. on Dec. 13 by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads