Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence
If that occurs, the NRC would closely monitor operations to ensure that the plant continues to operate safely and in accordance with federal regulations, according to a statement issued on Wednesday by Neil Sheehan, NRC spokesperson for Region 1, which regulates 17 nuclear power plants in the northeastern United States.
"This enhanced oversight would include 24-hour-a-day coverage for at least the first 48 hours of a walkout and enhanced coverage for the duration of a strike," he said.
"The NRC has performed an inspection of NextEra's strike contingency plans," Sheehan said. "The purpose of the review was to evaluate the adequacy of the company's plans, which cover areas that include staffing. No issues or concerns have been identified to date."
"No operational problems occurred during either walkout," he said.
The union represents 226 workers who specialize in mechanical and electrical positions at the power plant, including instrumentation, calibration and control room operators. The plant employs about 670 overall, the balance of which are not unionized, including management, planners and schedulers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test