Donation will allow for purchase of Mt. Major land
“This family has been hiking in New Hampshire for generations, and they are very familiar with the Belknap Range and Mt. Major trails,” said Martha Twombly, development specialist with the forest society. “They also understand how much trail maintenance is needed for this popular hiking area, and that it is dependent on our ability to acquire ownership of the properties and trails,”
The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests and the Lakes Region Conservation Trust have raised $917,000 of the $1.8 million goal to purchase and protect four properties, three of them on or near Mt. Major and one on Piper Mountain in Gilford.
“We hear from people who have been hiking throughout the Belknaps for decades and would like to make it possible for generations to come to do the same,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Builder discusses construction of Ice Castle project in Lincoln - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin