Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
NH OKs renewing 2013 health plans in 2014
"New Hampshire will allow health insurers, if they choose, to renew 2013 coverage for consumers who would like to keep their current plans," Sevigny announced in a statement.
The announcement was made in accordance with the Nov. 14 announcement by President Obama and the federal Department of Health and Human Services that they will not force insurance companies to replace 2013 polices with Affordable Care Act-compliant policies in 2014.
Sevigny cautioned consumers they should remember federal financial assistance is only available to those buying coverage through the federal healthcare.gov website.
In addition, the state's predominant carrier — Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Hampshire — agreed to renew 2013 policies until Nov. 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 2
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 2
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection