Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
NH OKs renewing 2013 health plans in 2014
"New Hampshire will allow health insurers, if they choose, to renew 2013 coverage for consumers who would like to keep their current plans," Sevigny announced in a statement.
The announcement was made in accordance with the Nov. 14 announcement by President Obama and the federal Department of Health and Human Services that they will not force insurance companies to replace 2013 polices with Affordable Care Act-compliant policies in 2014.
Sevigny cautioned consumers they should remember federal financial assistance is only available to those buying coverage through the federal healthcare.gov website.
In addition, the state's predominant carrier — Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Hampshire — agreed to renew 2013 policies until Nov. 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 7
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 20
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse