Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
NH OKs renewing 2013 health plans in 2014
"New Hampshire will allow health insurers, if they choose, to renew 2013 coverage for consumers who would like to keep their current plans," Sevigny announced in a statement.
The announcement was made in accordance with the Nov. 14 announcement by President Obama and the federal Department of Health and Human Services that they will not force insurance companies to replace 2013 polices with Affordable Care Act-compliant policies in 2014.
Sevigny cautioned consumers they should remember federal financial assistance is only available to those buying coverage through the federal healthcare.gov website.
In addition, the state's predominant carrier — Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Hampshire — agreed to renew 2013 policies until Nov. 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park