New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens
The $10-million project was more than four years in the making and is one of many reasons the base was selected to be one of the first homes for the new KC-46A refueling tankers, which will be phased in over the next several years.
The new building will be LEED Silver-certified and is designed to comply with energy and resource recommendations of the U.S. Green Buildings Council.
In addition to office space, and the 190-seat briefing room, the building includes billeting for readiness crews, high security office space and equipment repair and storage space.
The building uses heat pumps to help deliver heat where it is most needed, incorporates solar hot water panels, maximizes natural lighting where possible and will conserve on water usage as well.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stark Covered Bridge repairs underway, to be completed in Spring 2015 - 0
- Londonderry allows DOT to assume management of Exit 4A project - 0
- DOT orders bridge closure in West Swanzey - 0
- Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A - 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Creative ways to finance rail in NH pushed - 11
- Hudson grapples with traffic concerns as industrial park grows - 0
- Nashua transportation roundtable event canceled - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested as Manchester West High School intruder indicted on felony charge - 0
- Keene police say one charged with riot on Saturday, another arrested could face riot charge - 0
- Manchester man indicted on charge he ordered murder of city man - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt. teacher - 0
- No murder charge in stabbing of Manchester man in 'Black Acres;' self-defense claimed - 0
- Ottawa police say male suspect in attack and soldier are dead - 1
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate