Washington house saved from fire
WASHINGTON - Firefighters quickly put out an electrical fire at an Ames Road home Tuesday morning.
Firefighters responded to the home at 10:30 a.m. after homeowners reported a house fire.
"They were smart, they called and when they called they said the house was on fire," Washington Deputy Fire Chief Robert Crane said. "The house was full of smoke and a fire was found behind a wall inside a closet."
Firefighters were on scene for about an hour, he said.
"Something was wrong with the wiring. It was faulty wiring. We pulled the wall apart and found the fire inside the wall. We got there quick enough so it didn't spread," Crane said. "The house is still livable. We didn't spray any water. There isn't any water damage."
The house, though, had to be cleared of heavy smoke after the fire was put out. "It's going to smell of smoke for a while," Crane said.
Crane advised the homeowners to have an electrician check the entire house before turning on the electricity, he said.