Community Thanksgiving dinner for 400 brings out Nashua's volunteer spirit
The Partnership for Successful Living will host the city's 13th annual Community Thanksgiving Feast at 45 High St. today from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. More than 50 volunteers from all over the city will serve turkey and all the trimmings to a crowd who might otherwise have to take a pass on Thanksgiving.
As for the stuffing, Manheck said fresh ingredients are the key to success."Fresh herbs like sage add a wonderful flavor," he said. Fresh chopped vegetables such as peppers and onions are also a nice touch.
Although it's a lot of work, Manheck said there's also a lot of satisfaction.
"I'm grateful for the opportunity to help and that's kind of what the holidays are about, being thankful," he said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.