Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire damages Plaistow home
Firefighters battle smoke at 108 Old County Road in Plaistow on Monday morning. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters responded to the fire around 9 a.m. after getting a call that a fire had started in a woodpile near the home and spread to the house itself. Firefighters at the scene could not confirm if that was the actual cause of the fire.
By 10 a.m., the police and fire departments had Old County Road blocked off as crews from Plaistow and surrounding towns battled the fire. According to police, no one was injured.
Shortly after 10 a.m., no flames were visible, but there was still heavy smoke coming from the roof, especially from the garage, as firefighters battled freezing temperatures in addition to the fire.
Heavy damage was visible to the roof and both floors of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 3
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 24
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies