Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire damages Plaistow home
Firefighters battle smoke at 108 Old County Road in Plaistow on Monday morning. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters responded to the fire around 9 a.m. after getting a call that a fire had started in a woodpile near the home and spread to the house itself. Firefighters at the scene could not confirm if that was the actual cause of the fire.
By 10 a.m., the police and fire departments had Old County Road blocked off as crews from Plaistow and surrounding towns battled the fire. According to police, no one was injured.
Shortly after 10 a.m., no flames were visible, but there was still heavy smoke coming from the roof, especially from the garage, as firefighters battled freezing temperatures in addition to the fire.
Heavy damage was visible to the roof and both floors of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 16
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 5
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings