Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire damages Plaistow home
Firefighters battle smoke at 108 Old County Road in Plaistow on Monday morning. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters responded to the fire around 9 a.m. after getting a call that a fire had started in a woodpile near the home and spread to the house itself. Firefighters at the scene could not confirm if that was the actual cause of the fire.
By 10 a.m., the police and fire departments had Old County Road blocked off as crews from Plaistow and surrounding towns battled the fire. According to police, no one was injured.
Shortly after 10 a.m., no flames were visible, but there was still heavy smoke coming from the roof, especially from the garage, as firefighters battled freezing temperatures in addition to the fire.
Heavy damage was visible to the roof and both floors of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 3
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 1
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 4
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH