Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire damages Plaistow home
Firefighters battle smoke at 108 Old County Road in Plaistow on Monday morning. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters responded to the fire around 9 a.m. after getting a call that a fire had started in a woodpile near the home and spread to the house itself. Firefighters at the scene could not confirm if that was the actual cause of the fire.
By 10 a.m., the police and fire departments had Old County Road blocked off as crews from Plaistow and surrounding towns battled the fire. According to police, no one was injured.
Shortly after 10 a.m., no flames were visible, but there was still heavy smoke coming from the roof, especially from the garage, as firefighters battled freezing temperatures in addition to the fire.
Heavy damage was visible to the roof and both floors of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release