Manchester West High junior, October Francis Wayland Parker Award winner, inspired by granddad
It was then the October Francis Wayland Parker Scholar decided to take Level 4 classes.
He's now planning to major in criminal justice and minor in creative writing, hopefully at Northeastern University in Boston.
"I could listen for hours," he said.
Vaal said Parker's changes, though radical at the time, seem so reasonable now: allowing teachers to adjust their teaching methods to accommodate both those who learn at a slower pace and those who need extra stimulation.Vaal also admires the Bedford native's willingness, or perhaps, eagerness to travel to schools to make sure that needed changes were being made, helping teachers change their methods and their material, if needed.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Enrollments declining in Hudson, but school budget increases still expected - 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 3
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection