Manchester West High junior, October Francis Wayland Parker Award winner, inspired by granddad
It was then the October Francis Wayland Parker Scholar decided to take Level 4 classes.
He's now planning to major in criminal justice and minor in creative writing, hopefully at Northeastern University in Boston.
"I could listen for hours," he said.
Vaal said Parker's changes, though radical at the time, seem so reasonable now: allowing teachers to adjust their teaching methods to accommodate both those who learn at a slower pace and those who need extra stimulation.Vaal also admires the Bedford native's willingness, or perhaps, eagerness to travel to schools to make sure that needed changes were being made, helping teachers change their methods and their material, if needed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus