Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
‘Armed career criminal’ begins 15 -year prison term
Ronald Bauer, 49, of Somersworth pleaded guilty Thursday to an armed robbery in Portsmouth, one of a string of heists that earned him a status as an armed career criminal by the state. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
Ronald Bauer, 49, pleaded guilty in Rockingham County Superior Court to armed robbery and being a felon in possession of a deadly weapon for the Jan. 12 robbery of a Mobil On the Run gas station on Islington Street in Portsmouth.
Bauer’s sentence added five to 20 years in state prison to another 10-year sentence in connection with the armed robbery of an Irving Gas station in Somersworth.
Wageling told Bauer it was sad that he decided to make such poor choices in his life.
Bauer, of Somersworth, pleaded guilty earlier this month in Strafford County Superior Court to armed robbery and to being an armed career criminal, a charge that prosecutors can bring by compiling his previous offenses.
Bauer also received a two- to four-year prison sentence on the weapons conviction in the Portsmouth case. That sentence will run concurrent to the armed robbery convictions. The Maine charges are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917