Home » Opinion » Editorials
Swing set smoking: Derry considers a ban
You don’t hear that phrase anymore. People still smoke, but the question is not asked. They just light up, even around strangers, the elderly, little kids. It’s their “right,” they seem to be telling everyone.
No kid is going to get cancer from the mom whose cigarette smoke blows around the swing set. The exposure is too small. But children and non-smoking parents should not have to breathe the offensive fumes. That used to be understood. Now it takes a government regulation to enforce. How sad.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 23
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 7
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings