Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
ACA 2015 enrollment delayed to after 2014 midterms
The new change will, notably, push the open enrollment period until after the 2014 election, which will be held Nov. 4 — a circumstance that has Republicans crying foul.
The change is aimed at giving insurance companies who offer plans on the exchanges more time to review 2014 enrollments and set rates for the 2015 enrollment period, according to the official, who was granted anonymity to discuss a change that has yet to be finalized and made public.
Republicans were quick to pounce on the change, accusing the administration of a blatantly political effort to delay bad news that might result from the next round of open enrollment until after the election.
"Clearly, President Obama does not want voters to see increased prices, more cancellations and decreased options under Obamacare before they go to the ballot box," House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said in a statement. "If Obamacare is so great, why are Democrats so scared of voters knowing its consequences?"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somber ceremony marks Pearl Harbor anniversary - 0
- Pearl Harbor remains a vivid day of infamy - 1
- Lyndeborough's historic theater curtain may get new life with grant - 0
- Students tear down replica Berlin Wall to commemorate 25th anniversary - 0
- Germany celebrates 25th anniversary of fall of Berlin Wall - 0
- Lyndeborough Center receives historic markers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads