Home » News » Public Safety
Report says missing elderly Alzheimer's patient found near Center Sandwich home
David Healy was found around 1 a.m. by a K-9 unit from New England Canine, some 400-500 feet in woods behind his house, according to a statement posted shortly after 1:30 a.m. on the Facebook page.
"It appears that Mr. Healy was on his way out of the woods after having taken an extremely long walk which had taken him through a swamp," the post said.
The post added that Healy was sent to an unnanmed hospital, and did not say if he was injured or not. The Sandwich Fire Department, NH Fish and Game Department, Carroll County Sheriff's Office, Moultonborough Police Department, New England Canine, and the Upper Valley Search and Rescue assisted in the search, according to the post.
According to an earlier report, Healy's wife said she last saw him Thursday night at 9 p.m., Police Chief Douglas Wyman said. Wyman said Healy may have been home on Friday morning, but that Healy's wife returned home around 1 p.m. Friday to find him gone. A missing person poster provided by the police department listed 9 a.m. Friday as the last time he was seen.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire