Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Massachusetts man indicted for voting in Manchester during 2012 Presidential Election
Late Friday afternoon Attorney General Joseph A. Foster announced in a release that Lorin C. Schneider, Jr., of Carver, Massachusetts had been indicted by a Hillsborough County grand jury for wrongful voting in violation of RSA 659:34, I (e).
State officials claim that during the November 6, 2012 Presidential Election, Schneider voted at a Ward 9 polling place in Manchester, where he was a registered voter. The attorney general's office says at the time Schneider had lived in Carver, Mass., for over 20 years.
The indictment is a result of a yearlong investigation, and Assistant Attorney General Stephen LaBonte said additional misdemeanor charges are likely in the coming weeks.
Wrongful voting is a class B felony inn New Hampshire, and carries a maximum sentence of 3½ - 7 years and a $4,000 fine.
Schneider is scheduled to be arraigned in Hillsborough Superior Court North on December 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council