Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Massachusetts man indicted for voting in Manchester during 2012 Presidential Election
Late Friday afternoon Attorney General Joseph A. Foster announced in a release that Lorin C. Schneider, Jr., of Carver, Massachusetts had been indicted by a Hillsborough County grand jury for wrongful voting in violation of RSA 659:34, I (e).
State officials claim that during the November 6, 2012 Presidential Election, Schneider voted at a Ward 9 polling place in Manchester, where he was a registered voter. The attorney general's office says at the time Schneider had lived in Carver, Mass., for over 20 years.
The indictment is a result of a yearlong investigation, and Assistant Attorney General Stephen LaBonte said additional misdemeanor charges are likely in the coming weeks.
Wrongful voting is a class B felony inn New Hampshire, and carries a maximum sentence of 3½ - 7 years and a $4,000 fine.
Schneider is scheduled to be arraigned in Hillsborough Superior Court North on December 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483