Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Massachusetts man indicted for voting in Manchester during 2012 Presidential Election
Late Friday afternoon Attorney General Joseph A. Foster announced in a release that Lorin C. Schneider, Jr., of Carver, Massachusetts had been indicted by a Hillsborough County grand jury for wrongful voting in violation of RSA 659:34, I (e).
State officials claim that during the November 6, 2012 Presidential Election, Schneider voted at a Ward 9 polling place in Manchester, where he was a registered voter. The attorney general's office says at the time Schneider had lived in Carver, Mass., for over 20 years.
The indictment is a result of a yearlong investigation, and Assistant Attorney General Stephen LaBonte said additional misdemeanor charges are likely in the coming weeks.
Wrongful voting is a class B felony inn New Hampshire, and carries a maximum sentence of 3½ - 7 years and a $4,000 fine.
Schneider is scheduled to be arraigned in Hillsborough Superior Court North on December 20.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917