Home » News » Public Safety
Candia General Store damaged in electrical fire
Candia Fire Chief Dean Young said that the fire, a two-alarm blaze, is suspected of being caused by an electrical panel in the basement of the store and is not considered suspicious.
Young said that he was quick to the scene of the fire, as he was very close by.
Even if Roy and Marie Martel decide not to reopen the store, Young said he hopes someone else steps up to buy it and reopen the store.
The involvement of mutual aid in providing extra manpower to the scene of fires in Candia is a vital tool in ensuring that fires like the one at the general store are knocked down quickly.
Young said that many of the surrounding towns responded to the second alarm, including fire departments from Deerfield, Auburn, Hooksett, Raymond and Chester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief