Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Gov. Hassan continues push for health coverage
Gov. Maggie Hassan speaks to a crowd about health care at Plymouth State University Monday. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Hassan and Norelli said they have offered a compromise plan that incorporates both Democratic and Republican ideas "for increasing and preserving access to health insurance while promoting private coverage," Hassan said.
"The Senate bill, as written, simply will not work, and I will not set up our state and families for failure," she said. "The unworkable proposal that the Senate has put forward just delaying offering people health insurance is equally wrong."
By holding Monday's press conference, the governor "continues to demonstrate … that she is not serious about working across the aisle on a solution that will help low-income families have greater access to private insurance," Horn said in a statement.
Norelli said there is support for expanding health care in New Hampshire among Republicans and the general public.
"Gov. Hassan's continued campaigning for Obamacare and her admission that she would rather do nothing than negotiate a commonsense plan to help Granite Staters get access to high quality insurance is disgraceful," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: I'm with Washington Post on school choice - 0
- Thomas Sowell : Where liberalism creates $1.5 million starter homes - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why we sued to overturn NH's education tax credit - 5
- David Harsanyi: No, the right doesn’t want you to get sick and die - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama’s lame sock hop with Putin - 2
- Your Turn, NH -- Suraj K. Budathoki: I am at last happy, for I am at last an American - 1
- Deroy Murdock: How red tape slows one life-saving drug's path to market - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing