Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Gov. Hassan continues push for health coverage
Gov. Maggie Hassan speaks to a crowd about health care at Plymouth State University Monday. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Hassan and Norelli said they have offered a compromise plan that incorporates both Democratic and Republican ideas "for increasing and preserving access to health insurance while promoting private coverage," Hassan said.
"The Senate bill, as written, simply will not work, and I will not set up our state and families for failure," she said. "The unworkable proposal that the Senate has put forward just delaying offering people health insurance is equally wrong."
By holding Monday's press conference, the governor "continues to demonstrate … that she is not serious about working across the aisle on a solution that will help low-income families have greater access to private insurance," Horn said in a statement.
Norelli said there is support for expanding health care in New Hampshire among Republicans and the general public.
"Gov. Hassan's continued campaigning for Obamacare and her admission that she would rather do nothing than negotiate a commonsense plan to help Granite Staters get access to high quality insurance is disgraceful," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State police targeting unsafe trucks, buses in 72-hour enforcement campaign - 0
- I-293 lane closures expected for next 2 weeks in Manchester - 0
- Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction - 2
- More in Keene paying for parking by cellphone - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride