Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian struck by motorist Saturday in Derry has died
Jeanne Petrin, 69, died at Massachusetts General Hospital Monday, police said in a press release.
No charges have been filed against the driver, Denis Mwaura, 17, of 19 Linlew Drive, Derry, police said.
The accident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. when Petrin was crossing Tsienneto Road northbound in the area of Sunview Condominiums toward the parking lot of a business, Fireye Inc. While crossing the road, Petrin was struck by a car driven by Mwaura travelling westbound toward the intersection of Tsienneto Road and Route 28, police said.
Lt. Dan Beattie said Saturday night that it was dark and the collision occurred in a poorly lighted area.
"The pedestrian had just stepped off and unfortunately the collision was unavoidable," Beattie said.
The accident is being investigated by the Derry Police Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
- The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
DWI License Revocations